Isometrics: For your tummy, tush and thighs
There are a few exercises that you can do that are simple but effective to work on that tummy, tush and thighs and show improvements in no time flat!
These exercises are simple, you don’t need any type of machines or special equipment and you can do them any time of the day or night and most of the time, no one will even know you are ‘working out’; unless they are watching you VERY closely (wink-wink!!) Plus, doing one of these exercises will entail the muscles of several parts of your body to tighten and strengthen at the same time.
Let’s get started:
- First things first, sit comfortable in a chair or on your couch or even in your vehicle. Relax. Breathe in deep and out, slowly, a couple of times to make sure you are getting blood going to your muscles.
- These exercises will work together so you can be working all of your muscles together in the shortest amount of time. Suck in your stomach as deep as you can, breathing the whole time through doing so. Once you got your tummy pulled in hold it in tight, but don’t hold your breath. When you tighten in your stomach muscles, tighten up your tush and your inner thigh muscles all at the same time. It may seem like it may be an impossible task but it can be done and together easier than separated.
- Hold your tightened muscles in from ten seconds to thirty seconds. Relax. Wait about fifteen to thirty seconds and start all over again. Do it as many times as you can within ten to fifteen minutes. Start out slow then work yourself up to holding your contractions for a whole minute or more.
- Once you have worked yourself to holding your contractions for at least a minute or more at a time, and remember to breathe through your contractions, now you can work yourself to adding to your isometric schedule. The next exercise you can do that will help better develop your thighs and tush and your tummy is to do what I call ‘internal thigh fly’s’.
- Hold your feet just slightly off of the floor, dangling them off of a chair if possible. If you cannot do that at first or where you are at, you can still do the thigh fly’s. Contract your muscles again. Once your muscles are contracted and you are breathing, slowly move your thighs out and then back in, trying to get your knees to touch, the whole time with your muscle’s contracted. You should definitely feel the movement when you first start unless you have really strong thigh muscles. Doing these slight movements will work on your outer thigh muscles, inner thigh muscles and even some of your tush muscles. You are holding your tummy muscles in at the same time so they are getting worked at the same time too!
Just these few movements allow you to do simple, short exercises that can help you build muscles and muscle endurance, in a small amount of time. Almost anyone can do it and they can be done any time of the day or night. After a few weeks or sooner, you should be able to start seeing results in some muscle definition, unless you have a lot more weight to lose.
Even then another huge bonus is that muscle burns more calories than fat, so doing these exercises, making more muscles and the muscles you have stronger, helps your body to burn excess calories as well! It’s a win, win situation in a matter of a few minutes a day!